The Camping Buyers Guide is not a site just with tips for those who are already camping! Our goal is to encourage more people to have this experience and help new and future campers to venture for the first time.
Here are 20 hot tips and super practical for those who want to camp for the first time in a structured and camping without going crazy! Gives only:
1. Choose camping – For your first experience in camps strongly suggest that you choose a camping with a basic structure and preferably not be in completely isolated spot so you have no problems if you forget something really important or have any unexpected problems . Rate also if you want to cook, the camping has a kitchen or restaurant. Camping is not necessarily stay in the entertainment (but can be if you want!), So search a camping that has leisure options you enjoy!
20 Tips for camping for the first time (2)
2. Choose the location – the time you arrive at the camping there will likely be plenty of places where you can put your tent. Before arming look for a flat and uniform without branches and roots in the ground. Try to place under a tree, to enjoy a bit of shade, but look before it is not a fruit tree, it does not have a jackfruit to fall in your tent or have not colored fruits that can stain it. Also check the state tree itself and branches, see if they are not bad and are at risk of falling. If you stay in doubt the tip is simple: ask for the owner or camping administrator for the best place, after all who is always there knows where catches sun, where floods, which have anthills, those things. Do not be ashamed to ask for help also other campers.
3. Weather forecast – When you go camping for the first time the ideal is that you do not face rain, wind or storms. Of course, some time will happen to camp with rain, it is inevitable. And if you have a suitable tent for camping in the rain you will experience the good and bad things about camping with rain. But a really valid advice is: avoid rain on his first experience especially if your tent is not good. Look at the weather forecast and plan to live the first camping with a good time!
4. First Tent Purchase – When you are camping your tent is your home, it is your comfort zone and have the house function and protect you. But be aware that not all the stalls do this, there are all kinds of tent including those that let the rain pass through the stitching and fabrics (yes, not all tents are really waterproof!). So before you buy your tent inquire! The quality is directly related to value and be sure to buy the cheapest tent you certainly will not be facilitating your first experience. If you need help for the purchase of the first tent send us a message that we are happy to help you choose the best model for your needs!
>> Read here indications of some models of tents
5. Tent installation – super important tip is you mount your tent at home before taking her to the camp. So you will already be familiar with the equipment and took the opportunity to check if everything is right. If even riding your tent before you have difficulties when you arrive at camping, do not despair. Do things calmly and if you need help, just look look “pleading dog” for any camper who already has his tent set up. Any experienced camper will be happy to help someone who is starting. And this is always an occasion to already make friends with neighboring campers.
Finally, no matter if you are a beginner or an experienced camper, ride your tent right! Do not throw the sobreteto above only, do so carefully, secure all mounting points, put all turnbuckles (strings) and all espeques. Your tent is your home, treat it with care!
20 Tips for camping for the first time (3)
6. closed tent – An essential tip for those who are camping for the first time is to know that mosquitoes will not have pity and if you let your open tent they will go and turn your night into an inferno. The tip (rule) is simple, basic and valid forever: let your tent (or fly screen) always closed! It is a simple attitude: came close, he came close. This prevents, in addition to the entry of mosquitoes, problems with other animals (spiders, ants, crickets, moths) including some who may have more serious consequences.
7. Plastic Bags – Many people like to take tarpaulins to camp, to put on the tent as an extra awning or under the floor, afraid and water from the ground. Bring a canvas may be interesting, if you go camping for longer and is going to experienced campers who can help in mounting an awning. If you go camping only for two or three days, with good weather forecast and a tent that is really resistant to rain, providing the awning that first experience. It will be one less thing for you to worry.
8. Loose Animals – Many campsites have dogs, cats, roosters, horses or other animals that are the camping area, often loose (especially in low season). On some occasions is the fact that it has such animals in the place that makes them do not accept pets campers. If you are afraid of dogs or do not get along as animals in general might be good to inform the campsite on this issue. We FuiAcampar the team camp already surrounded by horse, peacock, duck, sheep, horse, dogs, cats, geese, etc.
20 Tips for camping for the first time (4)
9. Toilet Paper – If you do not usually camp might not know that most campsites does not provide toilet paper for campers! That’s right, every camper need to take their own role. It may seem awkward, but it’s not, it’s normal. Time to go camping light a roll (or more depending on how many people and how long) and place it in a small bag or necessaire, so when you need to go to the bathroom just go hand in small bag of toilet paper and voila, all sorted ! It is worth mentioning that in a camp toilet paper can be useful at various times and for things to clean or dry the tent.
10. Electric extension – If you go camping in a place that does not know and you depend on and electrical power to some equipment in the tent is good to organize. The vast majority of campsites available outlets for campers, but they will not always be close to where you want or you can put your tent. So if you really need taken by the tent strongly advised to take an extension of some (several) meters. Take also a benjamin (have) to put the socket if it is already in use by someone else.
11. Army Knife “Swiss” – not to be non-Swiss, can be Chinese, Brazilian or any other nationality, what is important is that it has a thousand features, the more features, maiorzinho but more useful!
Time to open a bottle, the opener breaks the twig! Entered a thorn, the tweezers break the twig! Need to cut something, the scissors break the twig! He bought wine but forgot the corkscrew … even that it breaks the twig! I do not know how many times I used to compensate small oversights.
12. Lighter – Another important item to get to your list of camps. If you are in a city or urban center if you forget this item just go to the nearest market and buy, but if you are camping in a more away from cities and local forget it in time to cook this may be a problem, because, even if you have a stove with automatic lighter, if it fails you will be on hand.
The general tip is to always carry a lighter in your kit of basic equipment (along with the Swiss Army Knife), because even in an emergency situation, with a knife and a lighter the chance of survival is much higher. It is an extremely small and light item.
13. Flashlight – A flashlight is useful whenever you start to darken. Not all campsites have lighting in the area of booths, or not always your tent will be at her side.
If investing in a flashlight chooses one that can be used in the head. This makes things more practical. If possible take up to two, a head and a hand (to always stay in an easily accessible pocket tent).
20 Tips for camping for the first time (5)
14. Thermal Insulation – A super important thing and that many beginners do not know is that even in summer the temperature can drop at night, especially the soil temperature. If you prefer a little comfort instead of insulation you can opt for an inflatable mattress. That also will make a thermal insulation, but giving a little more comfort.
15. Repellent – is an indispensable item in any camp (except in some places in winter). Mosquitoes are no joke and are alvoriçados with the presence of blood novice campers. Place a repellent on your necessaire and add this item to the list of essential items in any camp.
16. First aid kit – Another essential item to always take, including all his adventures, is a first aid kit. But the most important thing is not you just take it, but know every utensil that has within it and know how and when to use at a time of emergency. Go here to learn how to set up your First Aid Kit.
17. Plastic bags – plastic are always useful for thousand bags features: to store your garbage, to organize your clothes in the bag, to bag your stuff and avoid getting wet, to separate dirty clothes, anyway always carry some several plastic bags. Before separating them make sure they are not stuck and can take those that are a little tougher and not tear as easily.
18. cordiality and respect – Within a camping is normal for people to be more friendly, solicitous and friendly. The cordiality is one of the values that are associated with the campers. In campsites people help, talk to each other, wish good day. Sometimes the warmth even goes further and turns into friendship. It is quite common after a few days you turn childhood friend of his tent neighbors. Camping is so even if some campers have lost these values. But when entering the camping practice cordiality, smile, be friendly help and let help.
19. experiences Exchanges – It is normal that the campsites become in exchange for local experiences among campers. The more experienced always has a few tips for newbies, take time to talk, to learn about the tents and equipment in general. Get tips from other places to camp. This exchange of experiences comes naturally when people are open. Arrive on camping without open heart prejudices!
20. Company – certainly not recommend that on your first camping, you go alone. Invite girlfriend (o), friends and can strategically take someone who has camped ever, or that friend who is a boy scout! Camping can be a great experience, but it will be more special if you live those moments surrounded loved ones. But is a tip: call that friend who can not even live with an ant can be a stuck full, as in nature there will be insects to animals and interacting with them is inevitable! Take a company that short nature and is without frills! It will be all good!
Finally, we would like to leave two councils already experienced campers:
“Take an adventurous spirit, do everything with heart, breathe nature, sleep to the sound of nature, preserve and respect nature. And especially back to do more often! ”
Tip Rose Gabriche
“The camp is to relax, do not stress the unexpected … he always happen! Over time, you will acquire experience and minimizing these events, which helps a lot is to get a check list of some site equipment or a friend Camper blog with little more experience, the more is to enjoy to enjoy your family and nature . ”
Tip Osnir Alexandre Junior